Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ekpe Chief Maurice Enoh's funeral in Dallas on January 27th and 28th 2012

The mythical tiger is roaring, anxious to be let out of its cage so it can charge to Dallas, Texas, where it is said that its chief is dead. This is the third Ekpe Chief, or Sessekou, from Manyu who died in the United States of America in any historical accounts. The first was Sessekou Eddie A Besong, from Tayo Village, who died in Florida. The second was Sessekou George Enow Enow from Besong Abang who died in Minnessota.

What makes Maurice Enoh's situation different is that: while in the first two cases the Sessekous were visiting from Cameroon, Sessekou Maurice Enoh had settled in United States; was only 43 years old; had risen to the position of National President of Manyu Elements Cultural & Development Association (MECA-USA); and was a senior member of Ekpe-USA.

All Ekpe members are hereby reminded that under Ekpe custom, we do not leave the lifeless body of our warriors in the battle field, and we certainly do not leave the remains of an Ekpe chief unguarded. On behalf of Ekpe-USA Leadership, I hereby remind every member of Ngbe who has taken the aoth that our fathers and great grand fathers took to uphold those sacred traditions and beliefs, to immediately start preparations to do what they must do to send our brother to join our ancestors.


Wake Keeping is scheduled to take place in Dallas, Texas, on Friday January 27th 2012, and Funeral Services on Friday January 28th 2012. Any updates will be communicated to you as they become available.


Sessekou Solomon Egbe, Esq.
On Behalf of Ekpe-USA (Material used above is from the archives of Ekpe-USA

3 comments:

  1. The Ekpe information posted is full of errors.
    1. Isangele and Efut are different people
    2. The Efut are the Balondo who refused to go on a second voyage to Cameroon. As a whole, the Balondo migrated from the Congo (First Voyage). Some elements decided to go to Cameroon and some stayed (Efut) behind where they are known till date as Efut-Balondo.
    3.The Balolondo speak Balondo not oroko
    4. Oroko encompasses ngolo, bakundu and balue who are hill billies who changed their identity to oroko in 1973- tied of being called Bafah (slave) Balondo for over 400 years. They are not Balondo as such and have nothing to do with the Ekpe .
    4. The Ekpe society was formed by Efik (Calabar) and Balondo prior to their second migration. Once in Cameroon, they introduced it to Bayang.
    5. The oroko did not migrate jointly with the Balondo from the Congo to Cameroon. The two people are mutually exclusive. For a more scholarly information about origin of Ekpe also see:ethnic and racial studies:2012 pp1-16. Thanks and please make the necessary corrections.
    Dr. Aja, Balondo Historian and creator www.balondobakonja.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never Use oroko to describe Balondo phenomena. And when necessary for research reasons, feel free to contact me. Oroko is ngolo (mundemba), balue (dikome) bakundu (banga). these oroko folks are migratory and not coastal in origin-unlike the Balondo. The ngolo adn balue inhabit the rumpi range and bakundu the kupe range. The balondo inhabit the coastal plain and riverine by nature. The move now is to create a division MEPHI to reflect the maritime nature of the people as distinct from the rugged charateristics of the oroko landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to brotherhood Illuminati where you can become
    rich famous and popular and your life story we be change
    totally my name is Dan Jerry I am here to share my
    testimony on how I join the great brotherhood Illuminati
    and my life story was change immediately . I was very poor
    no job and I has no money to even feed and take care of my
    family I was confuse in life I don’t know what to do I try all
    my possible best to get money but no one work out for me
    each day I share tears, I was just looking out my family no
    money to take care of them until one day I decided to join
    the great Illuminati , I come across them in the internet I
    never believe I said let me try I email them.all what they
    said we happen in my life just started it was like a dream to
    me they really change my story totally . They give me the
    sum of $1,200,000 and many thing. through the Illuminati I
    was able to become rich, and have many industry on my
    own and become famous and popular in my country , today
    me and my family is living happily and I am the most
    happiest man here is the opportunity for you to join the
    Illuminati and become rich and famous in life and be like
    other people and you life we be change totally.If you are
    interested in joining the great brotherhood Illuminati.then
    contact him +2348106618681 or for more information +1(705)8062021
    email:illuminatibrotherpowerful@gmail.com or you need my assistance
    email:danjerry04@gmail.com...

    ReplyDelete